• Power Tags Titles and More

Time to Change Your Name on Your License, ID, or Title

Getting Married? Recently Divorced? Legal Name Change?

What steps do you need to take to make this transition easier? Something to think about as you make changes to your bank accounts, property leases and documents, and vehicle titles and registrations is that you’ll need a new driver license or ID card.

Getting a New Driver License or ID

The Arizona Motor Vehicle Division requires you to report any name or address changes within 10 days, but there are some steps to take before getting a new driver license with your new name.

We cannot issue a credential without verifying your Social Security number, so you must first make any changes with them. Contact the Social Security Administration HERE or by calling 1-800-772-1213 for information on what the SSA requires.

Once you have done that, wait 48 hours before coming in for your new credential.

When you come into our office, please make sure you have AT LEAST ONE the following:

  • Marriage Certificate/License

  • Court Order

  • Divorce Decree

  • Certificate of Citizenship/Naturalization

Please remember- the documents you bring in MUST BE ORIGINALS OR CERTIFIED COPIES (certified by the issuing agency).

Changing Name on Title or Registration

Do you also want to change your name on your title or registration? If so please bring in your existing title. If more than one owner is listed on the title, Ownership Status will determine if one or all owners listed will need to be present to sign title.

"OR" Legal Status